Nothing But Purple: 31 Family Devotions For Christmas Day FIFTEEN Dec. 15th   

Sunday, December 14, 2008

31 Family Devotions For Christmas Day FIFTEEN Dec. 15th

10 Days Until Christmas
O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you preceive my thoughts from afar.
PSALM 139:1-2
Take time to read Psalm 139 as a family. At Christmastime it's easy to leave Jesus in the manger and to think of Him as just a baby. Let Him be real to you. Draw near to Him through these verses. Jesus is the God who knows everything about us and loves us anyway!

Prayer:
Dear Lord, You turly know me inside and out. These verses remind me that You love me and accept me and that You want a personal relationship with me. Thank you for creating me.
AMEN.

Family Acticity:
Hold a letter-writing night. First take time to read through Psalm 139. Then write a letter to God telling Him how you feel about what He has to say in these verses. No one else needs to see this letter unless you want to share it. Then write a separate letter to each member of your family. Write something encouraging and tell them what you love about them. If you like, pus these letters under the tree until Christmas Day, or share them as soon as you're finished writing.

Stree-free Tip:
Make sure to take you gift list with you when you go Christmas shopping. Try to shop on weekdays to avoid the long lines of weekend shoppers. Don't forget to purchase batteries for your camera and for any gifts that might need them.

Recipe:
Family-Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingerdients
2/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup butter(no substitutes)
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cream shortening, butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Add flour, soda, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Enjoy.
PhotobucketShare/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or suggestion.