Nothing But Purple: MomDot Blog Party Day 4   

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

MomDot Blog Party Day 4



Todays question is brought you by, Bottlewise and Glow Mama. Now on to the question.


What is your favorite Holiday Recipe?

I don't have any of my own, but there's the homemade noodles recipe, that some of you have asked for so I will post it.

Homemade Noodles
*A large wooden board or laminated plastic surface works best for rolling out pasta dough. Cold surfaces, such as metal or marble, do not work as well because the dough has a tendency to stick.
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1. Mix flour and salt in medium bowl. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add eggs, water and oil to well; mix thoroughly.(If dough is too dry, mix in enough water to make dough easy to handle. If dough is too sticky, gradually add flour when kneading.)
2. Gather dough into a ball. Knead on lightly floured surface for 5-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Let stand 15 minutes.
3. Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Roll on fourth of dough at a time into a rectangle, I usually roll the dough up like a thing of paper towels and just cut it until it's all cut, that way you get different looking noddles for a fun noodle experience. Let them dry all or over night.
4. Heat 4 quarts of water (salt if desired) to boiling in 6-8 quart saucepan; add pasta. Boil uncovered 2-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until firm but tender. Begin testing for doneness when pasta rise to surface of water. Drain.
You can also boil them in at watery flavoring of turkey or ham juices, if available. The flour that is left on the noodles will turn it into a somewhat gravy. If you can't get to the turkey or ham juices you can use chicken/turkey broth and spices.
I don't decorate my table and neither to the grandparents. We have yet to have a holiday disaster.
Ok I am getting more excited about these noodles it's only next week that I get to eat these!! YUMMY TIME.
Sorry I didn't finish this yesterday but I was busy. Along with today so Day 5 will be up later this afternoon.



PhotobucketShare/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. I've never made homemade noodles. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried making noodles once with my kitchen aid...not so good. Maybe I will try this :-)
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or suggestion.